lundi 30 janvier 2012

Physical Activity and Mental Health

Kim Horn has enjoyed being physically active since she was a little girl. Living on Vancouver Island, she and her friends were outside year-round. Once she started university in 2000, however, she realized that was beginning to change. “I found my daily routine became a lot more sedentary, sitting in the classroom and doing schoolwork. That can be especially bad for your energy levels in the winter,” said Horn, 23.
 “To balance it out and make sure I was healthy, I decided in my first year that I was going to make an effort to be active.”
As most of us know, physical activity is an excellent way to maintain physical health. It is also an effective way to maintain mental health. Canadians have a unique opportunity to be active outdoors. Whether gardening, hiking on trails, walking the dog, or playing sports outside, we can choose from a great number of activities.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire